Where do I start?
We offer group classes of many types, and they are split into two categories: Group Studio Classes and Reformer Classes.
Group Studio Classes
All group studio classes are beginner friendly and all levels are welcome. Classes are limited to 10 students and take place in our smaller, 425 square foot classroom, fully equipped with props, weights, well-cushioned mats, floor mounted ballet barres and a full wall of mirrors. The following are all considered Group Studio Classes: Pilates Mat, Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Beginner Yoga, Relax and Renew Yoga, Barre Burn, All TRX combination classes, Pound, and Pilates Mat + Reformer Combo.
See below for a full description of each of our current class offerings, and click HERE for pricing.
All reformer classes are leveled according to experience. Classes are limited to 6 students and take place in our larger, 850 square foot studio classroom which is equipped with 6 Balanced Body Allegro Reformers, each with it's own props, sitting box, jump board, and tower unit. Our large class room has mirrors on three walls and plenty of space between each machine.
If you have never used the Pilates Reformer, *we highly recommend an introductory private lesson*, which we offer at a discounted price of $49 for 50 minutes. This is a perfect way to learn about the equipment and to have a professional asses your form, ability level and give you guidance on how to best reach your goals.
See below for a full description of each of our current class offerings and click HERE for pricing.
Pilates Mat: All Levels Welcome / Beginner Friendly
Classes begin with a warm up and introduction to the Pilates principles, and progress through an all-levels friendly repertoire with options for beginner, intermediate and advanced clients. In every class, you will be standing, lying flat on your back, lying on your stomach, on hands and knees, lying on your side, and you will take your spine through a full range of rounding, arching, twisting, and side bending. If you have serious back or neck issues, or any other special concerns, please contact the studio to ensure this class is right for you, as many spine-related issues can be made worse in a generalized group class setting. Group Pilates mat classes are also not recommended for a client who is pregnant, past her first trimester.
This class is held three times each week: Mondays at 5:30pm, Tuesdays at 9:30am and Saturdays at 9am.
Barre Burn: All Levels Welcome / Beginner Friendly
Class begins with a standing warm up and progresses through a variety of plies, squats, lunges, leg raises, and upper body work with resistance bands and hand weights, and then moves onto the floor for abdominal work, and a rotating mix of bridging, leg raises on hands and knees, planks, push ups and more. We finish each class with a brief stretch and cool down. Barre classes at Oxygen Mind and Body incorporate a variety of training methods, ranging from Pilates mat work, traditional strength training moves, ballet, and the Lotte Berk Method.
This class is held three times each week: Mondays at 7:30pm, Wednesdays at 6:30pm and Saturdays at 10am.
Vinyasa Flow Yoga: All Levels Welcome / Beginner Friendly
Vinyasa yoga is a creative form of yoga that harmonizes body movement with breath in a flowing format. Postures are sequenced around sun salutations to help increase flexibility, strengthen and tone muscles, and allow you to tune in to your body’s own rhythm. Yoga is not just for flexible people or for people who already do yoga. Especially if you have tight muscles and difficulty unwinding - this is a must try!
Vinyasa Flow Yoga is held three times each week: Mondays at 6:30pm, as well as Tuesdays at 7:30pm and Sundays at 9:30am.
POUND: All Levels Welcome / Beginner Friendly
This high energy class uses weighted drumsticks to help you sweat, burn, torch, tone, tighten, lift and any other fitness buzz word you can think of. Seriously though, it's a FUN way to get moving! This class includes lunges, squats, bridges and core work and will get your heart rate elevated in no time. Expect to sweat, challenge yourself and your coordination, and above all, expect to be impressed with yourself! This class has dim lighting and blacklights - so no need to feel self conscious. Wear your whites and other bright colors that will GLOW!
Glow Pound is held on Tuesday nights at 6:30pm and Thursday nights at 7:30pm. We offer special pop-up classes too - check our schedule!
TRX / Barre Combo: All Levels Welcome / Beginner Friendly
A fun, challenging fusion of classic barre moves utilizing the TRX handles for support and added difficulty. This class is still beginner friendly - newcomers are very welcome! Tone and tighten your arms, legs, glutes and core while improving balance, stability and coordination.
This class is held once a week at 5:30pm on Tuesday nights.
TRX Pilates Mat Fusion: All Levels Welcome / Beginner Friendly
TRX strength moves combined with core work from Pilates mat. Open to all levels, come try something new! This is not a classical Pilates mat class, but a fun and creative spin on the classic moves. The TRX suspension system helps make many moves more accessible, and can also add a new and different level of challenge.
This class is held once a week at 7:30pm on Wednesday nights.
Fitness Fundamentals: All Levels Welcome / Beginner Friendly
A challenging, but all-levels welcome introduction to strength training. Learn the basics or refine your form: squats, lunges, rows, presses, dead lifts - all with light to moderate weight. We have dumbbells ranging from 1-10lbs, weighted medicine balls and resistance bands.
This class is held once a week at 10:30am on Sunday mornings.
TRX / Cardio Kickboxing: All Levels Welcome / Beginner Friendly
Tried and true strength training exercises on the TRX suspension system mixed in with jabs, hooks, uppercuts, kicks, blocks and more! Open to all levels, absolutely beginner friendly. Be ready for a sweaty strength and cardio workout!
This class is held once a week at 11am on Saturday mornings.
TRX Circuit Training
Keep your heart rate elevated with rounds of circuit training - TRX, core, strength training and cardio!
This class is held on Thursday nights at 6:30pm
Reformer Flow: By Level
The Pilates reformer uses spring resistance with a rope and pulley system to provide challenge and support for the entire body. In these classes you'll be lying flat on your back, lying on your stomach, sometimes on your side, sitting up, kneeling, planking and standing.
- Beginner Reformer - for anyone brand new to reformer or who has limitations with knees, lower back, neck or shoulders. Classes move at a slow to moderate pace. This class includes breaks as needed to explain exercises and proper use of equipment.
- Reformer Flow - For any client looking for a great, full body workout that will focus on strength, flexibility, balance, coordination, mind-body connection and breathing. Classes move at a moderate pace. Breaks will be minimal, if at all, and class should flow smoothly from one exercise to the next.
- Intermediate Reformer Flow - for the experienced student only. We recommend a MINIMUM of 20 Essential or Regular leveled classes before signing up for an Intermediate class. This has less to do with your fitness level and much more to do with knowledge of equipment and the Pilates reformer exercises. Even if you have done a boat load of barre or yoga classes, or tons of weight training, this is still not an appropriate place to start unless you have at least 10 classes under your belt at Oxygen or another Pilates studio. Classes move at a moderate to quick pace.
Reformer Flow classes are held at a variety of times, 7 days a week - please see our schedule for a full list of times.
Reformer Tower Fusion: By Level
- Reformer Tower Fusion - Not terribly different from Refomer Flow classes, this class incorporates reformer exercises (see above), but also includes the use of the towers. The tower portion of each machine is the tall piece attached on the back. Featuring springs of varying resistance and different tools, the tower can be used to strengthen and to stretch. The tower and the reformer are all part of the Pilates system, so rest assured that you will get the same great core strengthening benefits from both.
- Intermediate Reformer Tower Fusion - for the experienced student only. Please ask an instructor before signing up for this class to see if it's the right fit for you. We recommend a MINIMUM of 20 regular level classes before signing up for an Intermediate class. This has less to do with your fitness level and much more to do with knowledge of equipment and the Pilates reformer exercises. Even if you have done a boat load of barre or yoga classes, or tons of weight training, this is still not an appropriate place to start unless you have at least 10 classes under your belt at Oxygen or another Pilates studio. Classes move at a moderate to quick pace.
Reformer Tower Fusion classes are held at a variety of times, 7 days a week - please see our schedule for a full list of times.
A challenging, cardio/plyometric style class on the Pilates Reformer with the Jump Board attachment. Lying flat on your back, you "jump" away from the board with springs attached for resistance. A perfect way to strengthen your legs and core without the bad impact on your joints! This class is not suitable for beginners or new clients. Please email us at OxygenMindandbody@gmail.com to see if this class is appropriate for you.
Reformer Jump classes are held twice a week: Tuesdays at 6:30pm and Saturdays at 10am.